The Real Estate Investment Network™ (REIN™) is a Canadian business that has been in operation since 1991. Its Members have purchased over $4.0 Billion of real estate. We are Canada’s leading resource center for real estate investors.
REIN™ is a successful Education, Analysis, Research and Leadership resource that provides real estate investing workshops, services and products for its Members. Its 2,700+ Members are individuals, corporations, and entrepreneurs who are interested in learning how economic events affect real estate markets across Canada and how they can position themselves to take advantage of this information. REIN™ does NOT sell real estate directly or indirectly to its Members. It provides unbiased research and economic insights combined with investment strategies and education.
As part of our faculty, REIN™ employs and partners with individuals and businesses that have a specific expertise in areas of buying and investing in Canadian real estate or that provide supporting services. Using the leverage of our national membership we are able to negotiate competitive pricing and programs that support our Members’ real estate investment needs. For instance, RONA is an industry partner that provides our Members with discounted renovation and repair items. Hub International Inc. provides specific and competitive insurance against rental properties including student housing. ICBA provides a medical and dental program for Members.
There are currently 4 cities where REIN™ Members are able to attend regular monthly research and market strategy workshops: Edmonton, Calgary, Toronto, and Vancouver.
The concept of the REIN™ group is unique in several aspects:
- REIN™ does not sell its members real estate directly or indirectly as we perceive this as a direct conflict of interest. We believe that a company should either be an unbiased research company like ourselves or be a property promoter - the two should never mix.
- REIN™ Membership provides several valuable benefits specific to investing in Canadian real-estate:
- Live monthly workshops and several annual educational events that are included in an affordable monthly fee.
- A monitored but open website forum that provides Members with a significant. network of support from a broad base of knowledge and experience in the real estate investment world - www.myreinspace.com
- E-mail and phone support for questions in all areas of investing in real estate, including unbiased opinions on Members’ specific deals.
- Discounted price structure on educational materials for Members.
- Monthly payment program.
- Discounted monthly fee for associate, corporate and family members.
- Online meeting content to accommodate members unable to attend a meeting.
- Online membership programs if you do not live close to one of our four key centres
- Access to faculty and industry partners that understand, support and share similar values of the REIN™ philosophy (Industry partners are screened and must meet REIN™ standards).
- Examples of the REIN™ faculty members include lawyers, accountants, realtors, mortgage brokers and many other real estate-focused professionals.
- REIN™ provides local and national media with research on the markets.
- Monthly meetings designed to provide ongoing support and information:
- Providing unbiased research with regards to local, national and global economic fundamentals that may affect real estate markets across the country.
- Networking opportunities with other members that include a wide range of investment, business and life experiences. The success of many veteran investors has taken them to a stage in their business and life that now includes contribution of knowledge and experience to other members.
- Insights into the most common as well as several unique real estate buying strategies
- Guest speakers, i.e. provincial and national economists, Mayors and representatives of key target cities and towns, banking and financing experts, veteran investors and best-selling authors
- Written and recorded educational material.
- Additional all-day workshops which help support the personal and professional development of the Members.
- Access to industry partners that understand, support and share similar values of the REIN™ philosophy (Industry partners are screened and must meet REIN™ standards).
Monthly Real Estate Workshops: Every month, workshops feature some of Canada & North America's top real estate experts. Members have the opportunity to meet face-to-face and communicate directly with them.
Special Benefits In Other REIN™ Chapters: Wherever the Member is located, they automatically have access to the benefits in all REIN™ groups across the country. Members are able to attend any or all of the Monthly Workshops, in ANY city (some restrictions apply).
Detailed Economic and Real Estate Research: On a monthly basis, REIN™ provides research to its Members to support decisions on where to invest in Canada (and considerations for when to sell)… With this exclusive research, we keep our clients ahead of the markets and the public, including detailed research into the Top Investment Towns in Canada. Being informed of both good and bad economic news makes all of the difference in the world to make strategic decisions when investing in real estate.
Exclusive REIN™ Panel of Experts: Members have direct access to a veteran panel of experts to assist them in making their deals come together.
Property Questions: Providing them a confidential consultation to use for second opinions on deals BEFORE they buy property.
Legal Questions: Members have access to legal experts who will answer any of their basic legal questions at no charge.
Advertising Questions: Access to marketing and ad writing experts who can review Members’ ads prior to spending any money on marketing.
Bookkeeping Questions: Access to assistance on bookkeeping and basic accounting questions.
USA Investment Real Estate: Access to assistance and experts who specialize in the US real estate market who can answer all of your questions.
These hand-picked groups of real estate oriented professionals know exactly how to position a real-estate portfolio to maximize profits and minimize taxes.
REIN™ “What’s Behind The Curtain” Newsletter: At every REIN™ Workshop members receive an information-packed newsletter that is published exclusively for them and is not available to the public. Dozens of research sources are accessed in order to uncover the important economic announcements that can have a direct affect on the real estate markets. Even if the Member does not have an economics background, explanations for how each economic shift could affect them are presented.
Access to the Exclusive Members-Only Zone of REIN™’s Research Website: Members have access to a discussion forum to communicate with investors across the country. In this area, they also have access to over 300 forms that investors require to manage their investments. From analysis tools to landlording forms, access to this information is instant and exclusive.
REIN™ speaks to the natural evolution of a sophisticated investor’s real estate portfolio. A key foundational benefit of being a REIN™ Member is that Members are supported to succeed in all areas of creating, growing, and managing their real estate portfolios including current and relevant exit strategies.